Here are the best 40 freedom quotes to help you find the bravery and strength you need to break free.
Humans and societies require freedom as one of their most fundamental and vital requirements. It allows people to think and express themselves freely, demonstrating what it is to be human.
We are living mechanically if we do not have the state of being free. It’s a concept and a term that gives life substance and significance.
Furthermore, it encourages people and society to abandon arbitrary norms and expectations.
Although it comes in several forms, this does not imply that one is more significant than the other.
No matter what situation you’re faced with, the state of being free will always be powerful. So, if you find yourself looking for answers about freedom, then this collection is for you.
Start reading here.
Best Freedom Quotes:
- “Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor. It must be demanded by the oppressed.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Freedom is the open window through which pours the sunlight of the human spirit and human dignity.” – Herbert Hoover
- “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Life without liberty is like a body without spirit.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.” – Malcolm X
- “Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Short Freedom Quotes:
- “Freedom cannot be bestowed. It must be achieved.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Freedom is the will to be responsible to ourselves.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.” – Pope John Paul II
- “Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.” – George Washington
- The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel (French fashion designer and businesswoman)
- “To find yourself, think for yourself.” – Socrates (Classic Greek philosopher)
- “My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular.” – Adlai Stevenson
- “Freedom cannot be bestowed — it must be achieved.” Elbert Hubbard (American writer, publisher and artist)
- “The great revolution in the history of man, past, present and future, is the revolution of those determined to be free.” – John F. Kennedy (35th President of the United States)
- “Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.” -Albert Camus (French author, journalist and philosopher)
Deep Freedom Quotes That Are Full of Wisdom:
- “Freedom and justice cannot be parceled out in pieces to suit political convenience. I don’t believe you can stand for freedom for one group of people and deny it to others.” – Coretta Scott King
- “Necessity is blind until it becomes conscious. Freedom is the consciousness of necessity.” – Karl Marx
- “Independence is a heady draft, and if you drink it in your youth, it can have the same effect on the brain as young wine does. It does not matter that its taste is not always appealing. It is addictive, and with each drink, you want more.” – Maya Angelou
- “Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Lock up your libraries if you like, but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt, that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.” – Virginia Woolf
- “None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “We were the people who were not in the papers. We lived in the blank white spaces at the edge of print. It gave us more freedom. We lived in the gaps between the stories.” – Margaret Atwood
- “I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom.” – Bob Dylan
- “The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” – Albert Camus
- “Order without liberty and liberty without order are equally destructive.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.” – Voltaire
You can read more amazing and inspirational quotes here on: Befashi.com